sábado, 30 de julho de 2016

Willow Smith is a fucking geeeem!!!

Willow Smith - Fluorescente adolescente for I-D

"I want to make music so that I can raise the consciousness level on this planet. Let's all come together in light, love and harmony through oneness with ourselves and All That Is. Enjoy."
(...)
young mind who sees the world in her own particularly unique way.
(...)
Her conversation isn't cluttered with cute dogs, how to take the best selfie, who she fancies and how she's dealing with fame. She doesn't shop on Rodeo Drive, but wears Thugz Maison's The Goddesses t-shirt, emblazoned with the names of feminist radicals and queer theorists Audre Lorde, Gloria E. Anzaldúa, Angela Y. Davis and bell hooks.
(...)
"The best piece of advice I've ever been given was when my brother Jaden said, 'Albert Einstein said that time was relative, but he forgot to say that so is everything else,'" says Willow. "And that just made me think: good and bad is so relative. Moral and immoral is so relative. Everything in the world is just so relative. You could say, 'Oh, that girl is so mean to me', but really if you look at her life and how she was raised and her experiences that have brought her to this point, you really can't label her because it couldn't have been any other way. Putting a label on someone doesn't really work because everything is relative."
(...)
Yet the criticism seems depressingly indicative of a media, and society, that is becoming both increasingly regressive and determinedly dogmatic. How dare a young person have an opinion on, well, anything? How dare she be so bold to express thoughts that aren't submerged in media training or self-conscious platitudes? Isn't it wonderfully wonderful that we have a Willow to offer young women as an alternative narrative to what's offered up by the charts, E! and the sidebar of shame?
(...)
Some of her music is intentionally inaccessible. She's not doing Miley or Rihanna numbers - not yet. And nor does she need to. "No one could ever tell me what to do with my music. No one could ever say, 'No, don't do that 'cause that's not what sells.' I couldn't care less what sells," she insists. "I care more about what can help people, and help them realise there lies an inner power."
(...)
"The only thing that I ever want to do is to be on the next level because if you're not, then either you're staying in the same place you've always been or you're following somebody else. I don't care what anybody says, following everybody else or staying in the same place and not venturing out to try other things is not fun," she says, laughing. "It's all about finding the joy in life, and finding the dance and happiness of just being alive. Carving your own path is part of that."
(...)
What is particularly evident with Smith Jr is her strong sense of curiosity about the world in general. When talking about her recent visit to London she mentions, casually, that she explored the city by foot, alone. "I walked around the city by myself, just people-watching. And then I went to a park and lay by this tree, watching the sun go down. London is really an amazing place. It's almost like a calmer, more fashionable New York."
(...)
Like any teenager, Willow has her obsessions.
(...)
"I just love being outside, being with the Mother and communing with the animals and the trees and all the living beings, dancing and letting everything go wild."
(...)
Just being with them opened my eyes so much.
(...)
I don't really have a genre. I just do what feels nice.
(...)
It's really strange, but it's so me.
(...)
I feel that right now what our generation needs is to do the art that's in our hearts. Do it to the fullest and try to help other people find out that thing that makes them happy. The more people that are doing what's in their hearts, the more that heart vibration is going to start spreading around the world, and the more people will start thinking, "Wow, maybe McDonalds isn't what I should be eating, maybe the way they're teaching me in school is depressing me, maybe I should be climbing trees and meditating more than I should be listening to my teachers telling me that everything I'm doing is wrong." So it's taking those little steps towards awareness.
(...)
Once you realise that there's something more than what you've been given permission to believe, then a whole other dimension of life is opened up to you - a whole other dimension of creation, of laughter, of living, of everything.
(...)
You can try and point the finger at everybody else as much as you want, but the only reason you're feeling the way you're feeling about something that somebody else is doing is because of the way that you're perceiving it, and that has everything to do with your conditioning and the way you've been raised. Everything is relative and you are the common denominator in everything in your life. Most people don't look at themselves as the potential cause of the problem that they're trying to solve.
(...)
What would Willow Smith's version of the world look like? The whole world would be one big tribe, one big commune. It wouldn't be split up and divided, we wouldn't be fighting nearly as much, we wouldn't be using unnecessary sources of power. We'd be using free energy, we'd be eating from the trees, we'd be drinking from the natural stream. There wouldn't be traffic, and diapers and pollution in our rivers. It would all just be transcending into another dimension [laughs].

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário | Feed